Tuesday, July 9, 2013

35 Weeks

Originally written 7/1/13

Time is flying, i cant believe in just 5 short weeks (or less) we will
have a precious little baby girl in our arms! It feels like i have
been pregnant forever, but honestly thinking about only having 5 more
weeks left makes me forget about how long i have been pregnant.

Nothing is really new this week, we had a doctor appointment this week
which is the last of the normal pee, blood pressure, weight, heartbeat
appointments! We are moving on to pelvic exams starting next week to
track progress. According to the doctor, my belly is measuring
"perfectly" meaning the little bean is growing just right! This makes
me a happy mama, partly because it reassures me that im not overly
large (since that is how i feel), but also because it reassures me
that i have been feeding the little bean enough to grow at the pace
she needs to grow at to enter the world healthy. As a dietitian,
providing proper nutrition without going overboard has been one of my
biggest worries throughout pregnancy and im sure it will continue
throughout breastfeeding and childhood.

Im looking forward to getting through labor and delivery, hoping that
my efforts in continuing to work out and practice yoga will get me
through a quick and easy delivery. Workouts have definitely changed
over the past few weeks. Pilates type leg exercises had been feeling
good, but now i feel a pulling in the lower abdomen that hurts during
the exercise and leaves me feeling crippled for a good 12 hours, so i
have stopped those. I have also become pretty lax on the yoga, now i
just do about 5 minutes of stretching (without the video) to stretch
out whatever i feel like. I have also been doing the Tracy Anderson
Pregnancy Project videos. These are broken down into 9 disks for each
month of pregnancy. I just started with month 8 this week (i had been
doing months 5 and 6 since i still felt like i could do the all of the
exercise) and there are some noticeable differences in the exercises.
Many are done with a chair for support, and it is a little slower
pace. This is perfect at this point, because it doesn't take much to
get the heart rate up and get tuckered out!

Looking forward to our last ultrasound next week! I hear they will be
estimating her weight...im hoping she is not measuring at 8 pounds
already!

No comments:

Post a Comment